October 18, 2010

Analyze This: Dennis Hopper and the Film that I Never Finished

I just woke up from this:

Dennis Hopper was my mentor/benefactor in the dream.  Needless to say, he was still alive.  He was working on the distribution for his final film (final because we new he was going to die soon), and somehow we had met and he saw a film I had just completed and was blown away.  So blown away that he wanted to have my film screened in theaters before his film began, as a condition of his distribution agreement.  I had never been so excited!

(Above: my dream benefactor, Mr. Dennis Hopper.  This is what he looked like in my dream.)

I was working with him on the completion of his film while waiting for the details of the release, when out of nowhere something happened with the movie studio-industrial-complex where another person's film was to take the place of mine.  Mr. Hopper's hands were tied.  There was nothing he could do if he wanted the final film of his lifetime to be screened before he took a dirtnap.

And if that wasn't disappointing enough, I was expected to work on the completion of my rival's film, which was an awful, low budget horror movie.  So I spent the rest of the dream working on this terrible movie project.  My movie was never seen or heard of again, but I was satisfied with the knowledge that it had the support of the legendary Dennis Hopper.


???

Don't forget to send your dream analysis to me at secretgeeksociety@gmail.com, or feel free to comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment